The TNT Wars Gamma (also known as 1.2) was released on [SOON] and is the list of updates that happened between August 6th 2011 and the release date.
- The new weapon Grenade debuted, similar to a mortar but more flat and costs 12 points to purchase.
- Cherry TNTs will modify your TNT's to be smaller but quicker exploding TNT without limiting other weapons. They can either only replace TNTs or be similar to a TNTOnly match.
- Snow Cherries act similarly to Cherry TNTs and SnowBombs, and are rewarded from participating in tournaments
- Out of Bound Blocks have been added, which force you back to your spawn if you access an area 'out of map bounds', such as the roof.
- Capture the Flag, a new mode which involves stealing flags and capturing them by running back to your own base
- Payload, a new mode which involves escorting your cart to the enemy base or defending your base from the enemy cart to win
- King of the Hill, a new mode which involves holding a capture point for as long as possible to win the round.
- FFA, a new mode which has no teams and allows everyone to fight everyone in a free for all. This is basically the spectator team in a TNTWars world.
- CP, a new mode which relies on progressively capturing points from the enemy until you capture their final point. Each capture point requires the last one to be claimed as well.
- Spectators in the TNTWars World are now rogues, which are able to kill and be killed by everyone.
- /map now contains the maptype of the map, from the list above and including Default, the original format of TNT Wars matches
- Maps are now able to have their roundtime modified, including the onroundend event allowing games to extend past their 10 minute limit. Minimaps now last 7:30 due to this.
- Users are now able to take advantage of messages sent to the top right of their screen, which includes the map name, the score (including CTF, KOTH and PL scores) and moving killmsgs over to that area. These are customizable to be on or off. [WOM Feature]
- There is now a day and night cycle for many maps, where the sky colour and fog will change based on random chances. [WOM Feature]
- There are now a selection of maps which make use of different map edges, including grass, water and lava. [WOM Feature]
- Certain maps have had custom sky colours applied to them, making the environments much more hot! This is especially the case on lava featured maps. [WOM Feature]
- The Lobby now experiences a time of day related to the server time. [WOM Feature]
- Mywarn will inform you of your warning level. About 20 is a ban.
- RE can be used by trusted to reload the entities list should it crash and leave all entities broken
- Stafftime can be used by all staff members to check their weeks stafftime for their activity check. 4:00 Hours is necessary or an inactivity warn is delivered
- Bandata is the new banreason which gives much more detail on the ban information
- Clearmines can now be used to remove all mines in a map
- Rainbow is a fancy command for Operators and above which randomly colourises their chat
- BLBOB now allows staff to messmake Operator Blocks on a map
- BLBOOB now allows staff to messmate Out of Bound on a map
- FBLB which is an experimental quick BLB command
- RBLB which is a random BLB, setting materials in a box depending on a percent given
- Buildcart which constructs a cart following it's team name, if on a slope, its rotation, x y and z coordinates, for use in payload.
- DelOBAll now allows staff to remove all OBs on a map
- DelOOBAll now allows staff to remove all OOBs on a map
- CMDDelAll now allows staff to remove all command blocks on a map
- Endround allows the round to be ended, either depending on the score or depending on what team the user specifies
- OBShow now allows staff to see all OBs on a map
- OOBShow now allows staff to see all OOBs on a map
- Sendmeta sends the world.meta of a map to the email provided
- Reveal acts as a mark for all players on the specified target
- Grace acts as a invulnerability command that lasts for a specified amount of time. The user effected cannot be killed whilst they have grace active
- Undo is able to reverse changes made from a BLB, Replace, Fill and Paste command
- Kill is able to murder an individual by a specified text. This is used in maps like Skylands, Gunships, Skyships and Guardian as gravity killers
- Msg is able to send a chat message to a specified person only. This can be done from commands that the recipient doesn't activate (unlike self) as well.
- RRep functions similarly to RBLB except replaces one block with another block on a percentage given by the user
- KA, a toggle, allows players to switch between kill alerts in the main chat and in the top right pane. [WOM Feature]
- EA, a toggle, allows the player to switch between event alerts in the main chat and in the top right pane. (Flag captures, Fort captures and similar) [WOM Feature]
- /ToD Day/Dusk/Night/Dawn forces the map to change it's time of day instantly (and until shutdown) to the specified time. All players in the map reload the world. [WOM Feature]
- /Sky, /Fog and /Clouds allows the user to change the colour of the respective parts of the map the user is in. The colour is done in hexadecimal [RRGGBB] and will only be visible after the world is shutdown and reloaded. [WOM Feature]
- The variable $kby now returns the person who killed the individual activating the command block last.
- The variables $weaponname now return the amount of said weaponname that the user activating the block has
- The variables $red and $blue checks the amount of players on the respective team.
- Variables $bx/y/z and $px/y/z now work and check the position of the block/player activating the command respectively.
- The server now has 32 games in a single automatic reboot rather than 18.
- The time between rounds has been shortened from 1 minute to 30 seconds.
- The matchmaking system has been rehauled following the tournament with new maps, a cleaner system and more incredible madness
- The private message system was cleaned up and now looks nicer.
- Specs in TNTWars are changed to the new rogue team, who can kill and be killed by everyone
- Zone ranks now include RED and BLUE, which only respective team members may edit.
- The /teams command now only displays teams which have players in them.
- Cannons now have an adminium base rather than an obsidian base to prevent spleefing.
- The highscore board now takes account of the persons upgrades and weapons in their inventory and adds the total to their points in the leaderboard
- The system handling players in the database has been improved.
- If you are involved in a killmessage, the cause of death is now coloured yellow
- The warn system has been rehauled. Warnings that are two months old are now cleared. Warnings can also be viewed in detail, such as who warned the person, when, and the reason for the warn. Old warnings can still be checked by using /chkoldwarn.
- Team is now available for trusted to use.
- Banreason has been modified into Bandata
- Fill has had it's process changed slightly
- All scripted maps before the release of CTF and PL have been adjusted and the scripts made cleaner and event commands. This means they no longer depend on people dying.
- Conquest has been modified to the KOTH variant
- The variable of $exist(variable) first completes the bracket before the exist check, so $exist($name) checks if the worldvar of $name exists, not if the worldvar called $name exists.
- Payload maps now use the variables x and y to manage the payload cart position to be more consistent with the CTF and KOTH systems
- World Command Events will now properly function.
- Auto-AFK kicks are now functional for operators.
- The variable $eval is no longer able to call functions interacting with the server core, and instead returns with an error
- Players should no longer be kicked when they are team changed from one spawn to another.
- Events no longer interfere with getinput commands
- Lagspikes will no longer occur when people log on or off the server.
- Map creators and map types no longer display the previous map when using /map whilst waiting for the next round. Instead it displays a different message.
- Mortars, Rockets and Cannonballs will not stick to walls without exploding.
- Lasers and lightnings will now not be able to leave trailing bolts or lengths of lava
The TNT Wars Beta (also known as 1.1) was released on August 6th 2011 in celebration of the first anniversary of TNT Wars. It introduced lots of new content and fixes.
- Overhauled upgrade tree system, see in-game for details using the new functions of /upgrades.
- Upgrades now sell back at 100%: /downgrade.
- Trusted+ are now notified if someone with a high warning level enters the game.
- All tournament maps have been ported into normal TNT Wars maps, with the prefix "Mini". These maps will be set into rotation when less than 8 players are online.
- All minutely countdowns after seven minutes will randomly team balance if there is a difference of more than four people. Only one person will be switched at a time.
- Mines in maps can now be zoned, so that they respawn after detonating the first time.
- A TNT-only function has been added which allows VetOPs and above to make the map only allow TNTs. No other weapons can be used. This can also be inbuilt into maps by default and disabled.
- You are now able to toggle kill messages, which will remove everyone else's kill/multi kill messages apart from your own. Your team join messages will also be disabled. Bounties, killstreaks, players chatting and minutely information will still be shown.
- OP+ voiced on the IRC are now able to use kick, ban, banb, ip, ipban, warn, mute, and unmute from the IRC channel.
- /hide is now working and usable by OP+. It can also be used in map command blocks, but must be carefully managed due to possible abuse.
- Only Trusted+ can use colours in chat now. Normal players will have the colour modifications ignored.
- Modifiable Guest Sensor command blocks are now possible, where you can edit the block, yet it can still work as a command block.
- Trusted+ can now ask Controller+ for a different coloured title for the staff title (T, Op, Grenadier or Controller)
- /mark will now allow you to remove the skin of a named person. This is functional to find people with bounties or just someone in particular without having /aka on.
- Trusted+ have access to a one on one matchmaking system.
- /bplace will place a named block at your position, provided you're inside the map boundaries.
- /sendto, which is a command block feature will now send a given player to a given location on the map.
- /fetchall - a Controller+ command used to fetch all players of the given team.
- World command blocks, which can activate events at a specific interval, a given number of seconds after the map is loaded, and when a player leaves the map.
- Adjusted how the killstreak reward system works. You will now find the rate of increase of points per kill is much slower for higher killstreaks.
- Teammates can no longer defuse your mines.
- Store prices have been modified to integrate the new kill-streak reward system
- /stats has been replaced by /who, which features much more information.
- /who now shows your own stats, instead of a list of all players on the server. To view all players on the server, use /teams
- The minutely countdown will now display how many people are on each team.
- /score between rounds will now show the scoreboard from the conclusion of the last match.
- Private messages are now visible in IRC. We're not going to be snooping, don't worry.
- Shotgun's detection has been rewritten to be more efficient.
- Entities have been rewritten to be more efficient and responsive.
- Trusted+ are now allowed to use basic staff commands whilst in spectator mode.
- Mortars which exit the map bounds will now be invisible until they come back below the limit. In other news, mortars will no longer vanish when they exit the map bounds.
- Zombie Apocalypse just got dangerous.
- The training area in the tutorial has been limited to one weapon every five seconds.
- The mortar's triple shot upgrade no longer breaks adminium and will fail to shoot if a block is in the way of a projectile, the other projectiles will be unaffected.
- /force is less likely to kick the player for spawnkilling if they are forced from inside their original team's spawnpoint.
- OPSlots now function quite like Zombie Survival, where Op+ are able to connect regardless of the number of players. New players won't be able to join until the population is below the cap.
- The auto AFK kick has been adjusted to correctly take into account typing as 'being present at the keyboard'.