This is the list of common lava rules that are also found in the server by typing /rules. By breaking these rules you are subject to a warning, kick, or ban, depending on the severity of the rulebreak. Bans are appealable at the forums, and assuming you have a strong case or are sorry for your actions, can lead to unbans. For more information on how to appeal your ban for the lava server, please visit the lava ban appeal forum
In addition the rules please use common sense. Think about what your typing first and stop and ask yourself "Can i get in trouble for sending this?"
Table of Rules
Rule 1: Do not modify/go near the lava timer
- You are prohibited from going close to the lava timer, which is usually marked by adminium or by a red cloth line.
- Under no exceptions may you place blocks to disrupt the flow of lava from the timer or source. If you build passed the red cloth line, the action is more severe than just trespassing.
- By breaking this rule you are subject to primarily warns or being teleported elsewhere. Repeated interference with the lava timer can lead to kicks.
Rule 2: Do not modify/flood/grief others buildings
- Under no circumstances are you allowed to modify another persons building without their consent.
- It is absolutely prohibited, and will lead to a ban, if you intentionally grief a house, or flood a house through methods of griefing.
- If you are to modify someones house, you must ask for consent.
- You cannot report someone griefing your house if you do not own it's original structure, that is, you built the house yourself.
Rule 3: Hacking and glitch-abuse is forbidden
- Hacking is forbidden. To avoid hacking by accident you should use the most up-to-date World of Minecraft client and use the client command /client hacks off before playing.
- You are not allowed to use glitches to your advantage, and therefore other peoples disadvantages, or use them to assist you in any way.
- If you find a glitch, flaw, or bug, report it to the Directors or a Developer, and do not tell other people the glitch.
Rule 4: Spleef only in built spleef arenas
- Spleefing is the action of destroying blocks underneath another individual. Usually the server prevents this from being possible.
- To circumvent this (for use in spleef arenas), Builders and above can use the command /paint and select a flower or variant.
- Using the above method in anywhere else except from a spleef arena will result in infractions.
Rule 5: Excessive cursing is not allowed. Do not insult.
- Keep offensive, vulgar and racist language to an absolute minimum. The more you swear, the more immature you probably are.
- Respect people and their decisions, and the staffs verdicts on situations. Not everyone is a winner
Rule 6: Don't be a backseat operator. We have staff for a reason
- Self explanatory, don't try to moderate the server when a staff member is online
- Pretty self explanatory, don't beg continuously for more cookies or instead they will be taken away from you.
Rule 8: Do not spam the chat
- Pretty self explanatory, Don't spam the chat and keep the chat clean
Rule 9: Act mature and behave respectfully towards others.
- Play nice and don't be an idiot.
Rule 10: Don't ask for staff positions. Apply at blocktopia.net.
- Self explanatory: Don't ask for staff ranks (or player ranks).
- To rank up from Guest to Master you must purchase the rank upgrade in the store.
- For any staff positions you will be handpicked and chosen by the staff of the server.
- There is a limit of three dams per map.
- Dams may not be built within 10 blocks of the timer.
- Only the owner of the dam and the staff can break it.
- The owner of a dam can break it without vote if he/she alerts ops first
- If a staff member is not online the owner may make a mock vote to break their dam
- The first builder is considered the owner of the house unless they gave consent for someone else to help build, at which point it is considered joint ownership.
- The owner of a building is permitted to flood their building unless he has allowed others to build in the building, in which case he has voided his sole ownership and right to do so.
- No permision is needed to enter someone's home.
- Permission is needed to modify anything in the home, however.
- If you tunnel, put down sapplings or something of that nature to keep the system from flooding.
- No tunneling to get lava or water past a dam.
- The timer is off-limits to everyone but staff until the entire map has been flooded.
- Colors may only be used for important announcements and/or getting a staff member's attention.
- Creation of new accounts to donate cookies and/or lives to yourself is prohibited.
- No votes for the same thing within 5 minutes of each other if the first vote fails